Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Quick summary of Travels

January was truly an amazing month. From the sweet Hollon family in Pecos Texas to my new 'digs' in Spokane Washington, I have renewed friendships from High School, Navy-wife days, and a cousin I hadn't seen since we were teens. The weather was clear the entire way and I didn't really encounter snow until I reached sister Trisha Verdal's place in Moscow, ID. After watching the Inauguration together, I ventured through the fog to Spokane. I'm in a downstairs apartment with a glorious view of Mt. Spokane (fog permitting) and the entire valley (photos to come!)

The next week was spent finding my way around the Education Department of Whitworth U. My office is in the library across from the tech support team (thank goodness!). Though the weather hasn't been above freezing, the people are uniformly warm and joyful! I don't know whether they only hire happy folk, or whether its a contagious condition! Either way, they're just as accepting as I remember from my time here--class of '63!

I met the elementary student teachers yesterday and begin teaching tomorrow! Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Micki,
    So glad to see your blog...you've got it mastered, I see. Thanks again so much for spending some time with us. We are in the midst of remodeling my sewing room with lots of counters. We are celebrating Mal's Mom's 90th birthday with the whole family on 2/14.
    Love, Patsy

    ReplyDelete